Hagerty G. International Cooperation in Higher Education: Trends and Innovations
Hagerty G., Ed. D (Harvard University), Honored Doctor of Luhansk Taras Shevchenko National University, President-emeritus of Franklin Pierce University (USA, New Hampshire).
The article focuses on the educational innovations that can be employed to ensure the success of international education or cooperation. The advantages and disadvantages of both traditional and online learning are distinguished. The suitability and prospects of the introduction of the last one are substantiated. Among various modes of delivery, the authors choose to talk about educational, psychological, social, and technological implications of a hybrid online system, classified as the Active Learning model. Larger educational context that prompted the emergence of such models on the global and country-specific levels is discussed as well.
Key words: educational innovations, international education, hybrid online system, Active Learning model.
- Carey, Kevin ‘Steady Long-Term Trends Still Rule the World' The Chronicle of Higher Education, November 19, 2010.
- Carey, Kevin ‘The Chimera of College Brands' The Chronicle of Higher Education, June 6, 2010.
- Doering, Aaron; Miller, Charles; Veletsianos, George ‘Adventure Learning: Educational, Social, and Technological Affordances for Collaborative Hybrid Distance Education' Quarterly Review of Distance Education, v9, n3, p249-265, 2008.
- Ernst, Jeremy V. ‘A Comparison of Traditional and Hybrid Online Instructional Presentation in Communication Technology' Journal of Technology Education, v19, n2, p40-49, Sep 2008.
- Jenkins, Rob ‘Why Are So Many Students Still Failing Online?' The Chronicle of Higher Education, May 22, 2011.
- Keeping Pace with K-12 Online & Blended Learning. iNACOL Annual Review of Policy and Practice / 2012. Retrieved from http://kpk12.com/reports/ on December 3, 2012 .
- Leventhal, Mitch ‘How the U.S. Can Stop Hindering Higher-Education Exports' The Chronicle of Higher Education, May 22, 2011.
- McMurtrie, Beth ‘International Enrollments at U.S. Colleges Grow but Still Rely on China' The Chronicle of Higher Education, November 14, 2011.
- Pham, Hiep ‘Strict new regulations on foreign providers and programmes' University World News, Issue No:246. Retrieved on November 4, 2012 from http://www.universityworldnews.com/article.php?story=20121101090206403.
- Piaget, Jean ‘ Jan Amos Comenius (1592-1670)' The text is taken from Prospects (UNESCO, International Bureau of Education), vol. XXIII, no. 1/2, 1993. ©UNESCO: International Bureau of Education, 1999 .
- Poirier, Sandra ‘A Hybrid Course Design: The Best of Both Educational Worlds' Techniques: Connecting Education and Careers, v85, n6, p28-30, Sep 2010.
Full text (PDF)...>>